The ratfish (Chimaera monstrosa) is a blue-eyed spotted fish that predates dinosaurs and swims only in deep waters. Its liver oil was regarded by Norwegian Vikings as the “gold of the ocean!”
Here are more ratfish oil health benefits, that may be attributed to this mystical creature.
- Intuitive: Ratfish are said to be intuitive with a deep survival instinct. For instance, the nose of the ratfish is studded with electrical sensors that can detect the faint electrical fields given off by its prey when they move their muscles, and can even detect their heartbeats!
- Rich fatty acids: The ratfish liver comprises a whopping 60% of its body weight, lending to the bountiful fatty acid profile in your oil.
- Fresh: The ratfish produces and stores its own vitamin E, which keeps your oil incredibly fresh.
- Unique: Ratfish are distinct from skate fish (rays and sharks, too), with a different nutrient profile. Other fish oils may claim to have a similar nutrient profile with abundant alkylglycerols, yet they don’t compare. As we touched on above, Rosita ratfish liver oil contains a concentration of more than 33% alkylglycerols.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.